Sunday 9 February 2014

KTM DUKE 390


Time goes by too quick, swiftly taken off the 2013. Then, checking my new schedule on my laptop, I found some pictures of Duke 390 which introduced last year by Eurotech Wheel Distribution Sdn. Bhd.



Me as a normal guy, quite aged and easy to loose my remembrance, and fortunately I have never forgotten the way back home. Of course, I never had forgotten my journey almost 500 kilometres to Jitra, Kedah to attend Duke390, KTM Malaysia CKD launch ceremony. Along the journey in the pouring rain in all the way, I will never satisfied if I do not get Duke 390 road test session.



Basically, the Duke 390 has an identical appearance with the Duke 200 out of size and design. But, if you look carefully, there are some differences includes the alloy trellis frame and orange colored rims, new body graphics, fuel tank size and wider handlebar.
Duke 390 have 375cc engine which capable producing a maximum power of 44 hp at 9500rpm and maximum torque of 35Nm at 7250rpm. The power generated transmitted through a six-speed gearbox.



In the early rides, I like the power curve from the single cylinder engine. The mid rev of the Austrian tech was just nice. In terms of performance, 373.2cc engines torque can be tasted at the point of 4500rpm to 10,000 rpm. What I can feel, Duke 390 vibration is not too hard as Duke 200. The power distribution was smooth during the test session.



Commuting in the city area, I'd to rely on the lower gear, and sometimes it quite annoyed to keep on changing the gear to get accelerating power. The teat unit I ridden installed with MC Sport Equip exhaust, then the sounds quite loud. Several minutes in the town area, I found the engine’s temperature too hot and in that case, the bike still in good running condition, but make sure you get proper check the oil engine regularly.



In the handling aspect, Duke390 was easy to control, sharp and accurate. Duke 390 equipped with inverted fork - WP USD 43 mm at the front and WP mono-shock at the rear, designed for extreme riding purpose. It have ergonomic riding position was not tiring my back. Access to the handlebars and the foot-peg relaxed and provide comfortable position. Riding on the highway at 156 km/h requires a high level of focus to handle the light weight machine.





Duke 390 equipped with four- piston Byrne brake system with 300mm discs at the front. Meanwhile, it uses a single piston with 230mm disc at the rear. Braking performance supported by Bosch ABS system, but it could be disengaged.




After testing the overall Duke 390 capabilities, I conclude the purchase of the Duke 390 at the price is worthwhile. Thrill and aggressive riding style is able to embrace the needs of the younger generation.

MMW Rating:
Performance: 8/10
Handling: 8/10
Comfort: 7/10
Design: 8/10
Features: 7/10
Fuel Consumption: 7/10
Value: 7/10

Specifications
Engine: Single cylinder 373.2cc
Maximum power : 43 hp @ 9,500 rpm
Maximum torque : 35Nm @ 7,250 rpm 
Transmission : 6 -speed
Price : RM27,935.10 (OTR)

KTM Duke 200 - What I could say here, if you one of the owner Duke 200, please do not accept any offer to ride on Duke 390 unless you are confirm to buy it. Otherwise, you will loosing your lust to  your Duke 200. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Categories