Sunday 16 February 2014

Kawasaki Z1000 2014


After done short time review 2014 Z1000 last month (January), I am pretending that I would not fall in love with such radical looks. However, after a friend at Kawasaki called me to have exclusive review on it, I just can’t refuse the chance given.


It is just first time I heard Comfortably Numb sang by Pink Floyd, I can’t even replay the song, but after several times I heard the song, then I replayed it more than once. Looked to the Sugomi styled, then it shows me how good Kawasaki seducing me.  


What? It is a fastidious revolution of the Zed range. Since the first Zed introduced in 1972, various reforms was developed until 2009. Then, the 2014 Z1000 introduced to have extraordinary design with some worth performance package.


The power-plant received improvement on the setting and new gearing ratios. The 1043cc attached to the aluminium frame that producing 140 horsepower (104.5 kW) at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque of 110 Nm at 7,300 rpm. It have longer stroke which would give a beauty mid-range torque. During the rides, it doesn't need to kick down the shift lever frequently. Even in the 6th gear, you still had a good response from the engine. Gear ratios have been shortened and the sixth gear designed to keep up the riding comfort-ability on the highway.


The 4-cylinder inline DOHC also obtained new electronic engine management system to provide perfect power distribution. In the aspect of handling, yes I do love it a lot - easy to manoeuvre, nimble and precise.


2014 Z1000 using adjustable lightweight Showa fork - Showa Separate Function - Big Piston Fork (SFF -BP) used by Ninja 636 before. Moreover, it is equipped with Tokico monobloc calliper with petal disc brakes to complete the handling capabilities.


I like the new digital instrumentation panel, it was a good job, creative and I hope I can attach it to my scooter. The Z1000 get LED headlight, the first ever Kawasaki bike using it. I heard that, the headlight set is quite expensive. However, in night test session, several road users felt irritated with the light spread as they retaliating high-beams after me passing them.



Overall, I love this bike, with the looks and performance package. Comparing to the previous Z1000, it is lighter, more agile and get smoother engine. For the price, it is worth to buy at RM76,900.


MMW Rating:
Performance: 8/10
Handling: 9/10
Comfort: 8/10
Design: 9/10
Features: 7/10
Fuel Consumption: 7/10
Value: 8/10

Specifications
Engine: 4-inline 1043cc DOHC Liquid-cooled
Maximum power : 140 hp @ 10,000 rpm
Maximum torque : 111 Nm @ 7,300 rpm 
Transmission : 6-speed
Front Suspension: 41 mm inverted SFF-BP fork with stepless compression and rebound damping and spring preload adjustability
Rear Suspension: Horizontal back-link single shock with adjustable preload and stepless rebound damping
Front brakes: Dual 310mm petal-type discs with radial-mount four-piston monobloc calipers with ABS
Rear brakes: Single 250mm petal-type discs with single-piston caliper and ABS
Price : RM76,900 (Basic Selling Price)














1 comment:

Categories