Sunday 9 February 2014

Honda Air Blade 125cc


Sometimes, I could not resist with traffic jams in Kuala Lumpur. Because of that, I always find some other unrelated business to have a peace of my mind and at the same time waiting the traffic situation subsides.



One day, I accidentally dropped by Boon Siew Honda Kepong branch. After have some chit-chat with Boon Siew workers, I was promoted to have a short time to review Air Blade scooter launched last year.


So, I am very lucky person to have a demo bike without an earlier booking. Then I’m happy enough to taking home an automatic motorcycle - Air Blade. In my point of view, automatic-typed motorcycle is one of the most relevant vehicles today. Why? It is because the practicality, fuel consumption and reliable.



Body design is just nice, equipped with new environment -friendly technology from Honda. Air Blade looks tough with quality materials. Once I get the key, it was weird with the key, larger than normal size. Asked about it, they (Boon Siew Honda) said, it had remote lock system. The system introduced in function of to detect your motorcycle from some distance. Sometimes, the system is very useful, especially in shopping lot parking area. Pressing the button, Air Blade emitted a beep with both signal lamps flashes.



The most I like, starting the engine with no friction force sound. I have been told that this bike is integrated with the ACG system. ACG system helps to turn on the engine smoothly and easy. Riding in the hustle of the city with 125cc scooter, always could makes me smile. Other 4-wheel vehicles have to be patient stuck in traffic jam, but I was swiftly finding an empty space to intervene.


Air Blade acquires the same technology with previous Honda automatic motorcycle - PCX 150. Life. Single -cylinder 4-stroke engine is not too noisy when the throttle is applied to find acceleration.The scooter is light and easy to maneuver in congested road traffic. 



Although there are some vibrations during the acceleration, engine response is good and quite responsiveness. However, I'm a little uncomfortable with automatic idle features. The combination of Enhanced Smart Power (ESP) technology functioned to ensure effective power distribution, quicker, quieter and better fuel efficiency.


The softness of the engine resulted from electronic injection system – PGM-FI. The system ensures the scooter is having better performance and at the same time, reducing emissions level.



Speeding around 80 km/j, the scooter remains stable even only used 14-inche tyre. Air Blade suspension system also doing well along the way. In term of comfortness, it is ergonomic enough for me. But, I realized it was not perfect for my pillion. Passenger’s foot-peg quite farther forward and the design may dangerous if the sturdy thing get hooked your pillion’s leg. I noticed during my ride, fuel consumption admittedly efficient. Fueled up 4.1 litres tank, it is able to travel more than 130 kilometers with a bar balanced.



Personally, even though Honda pioneered the Combi braking system which distributes braking force between the front and rear brakes, Honda still lacking of experience in scooter development. There is room of improvement Honda need to taking care of to compete with other major brands especially in the handling and engine aspects.



MMW Rating:
Performance: 8/10
Handling: 7/10
Comfort: 7/10
Design: 7/10
Features: 8/10
Fuel Consumption: 8/10
Value: 7/10

Specifications:
Engine: Engine Liquid -cooled 4 -cycle OHC
Transmission: Automatic (V -Matic)
Maximum power: 8.2 kW @ 8500 rpm
Maximum torque: 11.2 Nm @ 5000 rpm
Fuel tank : 4.1 liters
Suspension: Telescopic 81mm (front), dual 75mm (rear)
Tires: 80/90 14M / C 40P ( front), 90/90 14M / C 46P
Price : RM7,708

6 comments:

  1. Your comment: the handling and engine aspects is not good enough. Are you comparing it to yamaha nouvo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is top speed.. I'm comparing between nouvo lc , lc 135 and air blade.. I really love the compartment which is bigger than my current Honda future.. but I really need to know the top speed so I can decide which one to get..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sir.. may i know what is the top speed for airblade.. because i stay in kl works in cyberjaya..thanks for helping

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind to share more about the honda air blade. Interested to get it and I am 6 foots tall too.
    What about the maintenance cost for scooter, reliability and any design issue, especially part long term reliability and cost.. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Categories