Saturday 25 January 2014

Hypermotard’s Revolution


No issues, even I have to dump my work aside and I think Ducati has tortured my mental by offering me the new generation and sexier Hypermotard. The creativity of Pierre Terblanche, Ducati SuperMoto design became a limelight at EICMA in 2005 before it was proceed to get in mass production in 2007. The new generation developed as the Italian acknowledged the growing demands of the market segment. They decided to enhance Hypermotard 796 which produced in 2009.

Hypermotard has received a powerful 821cc engine unlike the previous generation engines, 1078cc and 803cc. First, I had to step higher to get on the bike as the Hypermotard is the highest seat height in all Ducati product line. Hyperstrada slightly lower compared to the Hypermotard. At the beginning, I am worried how to control the bike in congested traffic. Despite of my 176cm height, I still get hanging on the saddle.



Easily, I release the clutch lever and apply the Ride- by-Wire (RBW) throttle after kicked in 6-speed gear with APTC wet clutch. The capability of Hypermotard is different as it has more aggressive response compared to Hyperstrada, although it shares same engine and technology. Even both has same amount of torque - 89Nm at 7,750rpm, perhaps there is different engine mapping to suit in the characters and suitability.



Sitting on the bike, riding position is more relaxed; the distance between the handlebars and seat comfortable despites of the footrest positioning. Hunting attraction from road users in town area, I chose Urban mode which applying 75hp from total 110hp it had. Handling this bike is not difficult as I expected, in fact, it gives more confidence during slitting vehicles congested in traffic jam.



Riding in Sport mode, the engine response more vigorously than the Urban mode. I am really enjoying the torque delivered. I tweak the throttle and this machine can reach 223 km/h. Trellis framework excellence in supporting the power of the engine and provide stability. In the speed, vibration from Testastretta engine was minimums.



I am very enjoying with the throttle response then I decided to take it on winding roads. At the beginning, I do not too confident as the bike height factor. After a few bends encountered, the confident came and it can lean more then I expect. I do love the handling as it was fitted with 43mm inverted Kayaba fork at the front and Sachs monoshock at the rear. Yes, Ducati is brilliant enough in utilizing their prowess experience in Diavel and Panigale development to produce their latest motard machinery.



After that, I change the setting to Touring mode for relaxed ride. Even though the engine delivers 110hp in Touring mode, it's not aggressive as in Sport riding mode. Then, I understand, each riding mode programmed changes engine character and the level of ABS and traction control system.



Hypermotard equipped with double 320mm discs with Brembo M432 four piston monobloc callipers. At the rear, it used single 245mm disc brakes and two piston callipers.


















Specification
Engine: 821.1cc Testastretta 11 °, twin cylinder liquid cooled, L Desmodromic
Transmission: 6 - speed, APTC wet clutch
Maximum power: 110hp (81kW) @ 9250rpm
Maximum torque: 89 Nm (65.8 lb - ft) @ 7750 rpm
Suspension: Kayaba 43mm upside down (front), single Sachs shock absorbers (rear)
Brakes: Brembo M4-32 4-piston monobloc with dual 320mm discs (front), 2 -piston calliper with single 245mm disc (rear)
Tires: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, 120/70 ZR17 (front), 180/55 ZR17 (rear)
Petrol tank capacity: 16 litres
Price: RM 68,888 (CBU Thailand)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Categories